The City of Brotherly Love lives up to its name
We rely on our community to strengthen Ready, Willing & Able (RWA) through resources and relationships. The more we are so generously given, the more we can help. Together we can achieve lasting change in Philadelphia's perception and treatment of homeless and formerly incarcerated individuals.
RWA extends our sincerest gratitude to the agencies, foundations, individuals, and businesses that have supported the work of the "men in blue."
We couldn't do this without you.
Community leaders and champions of our cause.
Ready, Willing & Able has been so fortunate to collaborate with a diverse group of Philadelphia community leaders. These dedicated individuals serve as our Board of Directors and Advisory Board, that will help shape the present and future of the organization.
Board of Directors:
James R. Veal, JRV Wealth Management Group, LLC
- Ashley B. Berke, National Constitution Center
- Todd Bernstein, Global Citizen & MLK365
- Nathaniel H. Davis, G2 USA
- Kate Houstoun, The Barra Foundation
- Jim Klasen, Mental Health Association of SE PA
- Bridgette Mayer, Bridgette Mayer Gallery
- Harriett McDonald, The Doe Fund
- Barbara Rittenhouse, Pennsylvania Prison Society
- Alexandra Samuels, Pembroke Philanthropy Advisors
- Rosemary Connors, Peirce College
- Anthony Curro, Bernstein Global Wealth Management
- Jane Golden, Mural Arts Program
- Dainette Mintz, Office of Supportive Housing
- Raed Nasser, Hawthorne Empowerment Coalition
- Soozung Sa Rankin, Church of the Holy Trinity
- Kevin Roberts, One Step Away Newspaper
- Kevin Sbraga, SBRAGA Restaurant
- Dr. Wayne Wormley, Community College of Philadelphia
- The Office of Supportive Housing
- Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation
- United States Department of Justice
- Barra Foundation
- Brook J Lenfest Foundation
- The Butler Family Fund
- Church of the Holy Trinity
- Claneil Foundation
- Connelly Foundation
- Fourjay Foundation
- Genuardi Family Foundation
- The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- Independence Blue Cross
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Lincoln Financial Foundation
- The Oak Foundation
- Patricia Kind Family Foundation
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- PNC Foundation
- The Philadelphia Foundation
- Samuel S. Fels Fund
- Union Benevolent Foundation
Over 1,000 residents and friends of Philadelphia
To become a supporter of RWA click here.
We provide the first job, they provide the second.
Ready, Willing & Able (RWA)'s most important goal - and the very core of our program - is for graduates to secure quality, full-time employment. Therefore, the business community in Philadelphia is a critical partner in our success.
The following is a sample list of employers who have hired RWA graduates:
- Eliza Shirley House / Salvation Army
- Keystone Quality Transport
- Merck & Co.
- Nicks Roast Beef
- Super Fresh Market
- Team Clean Inc.
- Whole Foods Market